Climate Extension and Outreach Professionals Provide Timely Information to Decision Makers
The Southeast and Caribbean Climate Community of Practice (CoP) brings together individuals from local, state, and federal governments, academia, non-profit organizations and the private sector to apply climate science and assess how coastal communities and ecosystems can adapt to the impacts of climate variability and change.
The CoP provides a forum for sharing lessons learned and best practices related to climate communication and adaptation. The CoP also provides education and networking opportunities to its members and their stakeholders to increase knowledge and awareness of climate science and to coordinate and perform outreach, extension and communication related to climate change and its impacts in the Southeast and Caribbean region.
Why A Community of Practice?
- Facilitates exchange and collaboration between science and policy communities
- Provides a forum through which successes of others can provide models to jump start new projects
- Makes expertise in SE climate service groups accessible to developing projects
- Allows members to ask for help from others
- Promotes stronger, more unified voice when seeking funding
Would you like to learn about upcoming webinars and other outreach activities that we offer? You can connect by contacting:
Coastal Climate Extension Specialist
South Carolina Sea Grant Consortium and Carolinas Integrated Sciences and Assessments (CISA)
Climate Outreach Specialist
Carolinas Integrated Sciences and Assessments (CISA)
Last Updated: May 20, 2015